Monday, August 18, 2008

I FINALLY HAVE A JOB!!!

So excited to begin working. The director of St. John's Day School called early this morning and offered me a position at the school! I had completely given up hope for that position. I was all set to go to Liberty and become a Grad Assistant today! Just one more thing I was able to cross off my to-do list! What an amazing blessing.

I will be an Assistant Teacher in the Pre-K classroom. I think there will be mainly 4-year-olds in my class, maybe a few 5-year-olds but I think I remember the cut off age being 4 for the school as a whole. I will work every week day and have regular school holidays. It will be such a fun place to work with wonderful co-workers. I am excited.

Grad School is being put on hold, until next semester at least. I might wait until Summer to start my classes. I'm in no rush. It will be nice to take a break from learning, although I was looking forward to schoolwork again... haha. I'm like that. A perpetual student. Now I'll have time to work my way down my book list though. Always nice to have free time for pleasure reading.

This afternoon Matthew and I went and got me a new Social Security card with my new name on it (yes, I procrastinated big time with that one), got my ring cleaned and inspected, and found me a new work jacket! It's not really for work since it won't be that suitable with children, but it looks fancy. I've been wanting a cropped black satin jacket to go over some of my dresses that are strapless. Specifically my blue graduation dress. This jacket is exactly what I had in mind and it was even on sale! I have been looking for one for about a month now and this is the first one I've seen. It's perfect. All in all, a great beginning to the day.

I have new teacher orientation on Friday, the following week I think is when all the teachers come in and set up the classrooms and schedules. I hope I get along well with the lead teacher in my class. That could be a horrible downside to this job if our personalities just clash. I think it will all work out well though. And it's only 2 minutes from our home. The ideal situation. I am so happy.

Thank you for your prayers and support!

Rebecca Iveson

No comments: